Followers

Wednesday 21 May 2014

There are things that crafters...

...shouldn't do - but we do!

Last Monday Ignacio (Nicecrane Designs) sent me this lovely collection of digi images...
...and I so wanted to get colouring as soon as possible - but things have been a bit hectic and I was really too tired to even think about making a start. However, on Tuesday I was thinking about trying something a bit different to my normal colouring using my alcohol pens.

I haven't 'played' with my Inktense pencils for quite some time...
...and thought it would be fun to use them to colour some images that had been printed on 'kraft' coloured CS.

This is where my introduction hopefully starts to make more sense.

Crafters should not try new techniques or revisit ones that they have not used for a while when they are tired...it really isn't a good idea to try out stuff when you are far too tired to really concentrate on what you are doing.

Crafters should not load their printers with cardstock without thinking about the gsm...being tired means that you can easily forget the capabilities of your printer - as I did - and you run the risk of causing damage that could be quite costly (the noise that my printer made in protest was quite a wake-up call I can tell you).

Crafters should not try colouring things on a darkish background in poor light...it doesn't bode well for the finished result and makes it quite difficult to realise when enough is enough and you really should stop tinkering with the piece of work.

This was the result of my efforts last night and I think I just about managed to stop before the image got spoilt...
...and I have decided that it will be better to continue this in daylight so that I can see the colours properly and not to work on it after a busy day at work and having to cope with a long commute.

I'm liking the general effect that the Inktense pencils give so I certainly think it will be a technique that I will revisit more often......................................................................




1 comment:

Sandra said...

I don't see much wrong with your colouring in this image, in fact I think that drum roll looks amazing