Followers

Tuesday 26 July 2016

Batch card making...

...for Christmas 2016.

Last year I used my Clarity large fir tree stamp to make my batch cards and was very pleased with the results. So this year I was looking for something that I could use that would be quick & easy.

Pinnacle crafts at Barleylands has just received its delivery of the Sue Wilson Christmas dies & stamps (these are the first release for 2016) and in amongst them was the darling little framed stamp called "Cosy Cottage" - product number;UMS734. It is not a huge stamp (just under 3x4 inches) but it looked as if it would be just the thing and at £4.99 it wasn't going to break the bank.

So at the crop on Saturday, I got stamping...
 ...and added some ribbon, self-adhesive gems, Spectrum Sparkle (Biscuit) and some diamond ICE Stickles...
 ...I went with two colour choices and as you can see...
 ...it was a bit of a mass production effort.

However, there was something not quite right to the 'look' in my mind.

Sunday morning I had a thought and added a bit of colour to the frame design...
 ...I think it was what was needed...
 ...and didn't take too much additional time...
...but I do think it is enough to draw the eye towards the scene in the middle of the frame.

For these cards, as they are a batch I have added the sentiment as part of the design.

I have dug out a couple of other coloured ribbons and will be making some more of this design in the two other colourways - that will give me a total of 20 quick & easy cards to add to my stock.

I love making individual cards but it is so handy having a batch like this ready for use.

I am so glad I noticed this little gem of a stamp...............................................

6 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a great find and fab designed cards. You're right the added colour is just what was needed

Sue Jones said...

They are really classy- love them

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card Toni, what a batch.xx

Redanne said...

That really is a great stamp and I love how you used it - adding the colour really did make all the difference! Love the cards! Anne xx

Stef H said...

this is gorgeous and you have way more patience than i do. i NEVER do bunch stamping. you would think i would because i sell my cards, but i just don't have that kind of patience!

good job!

hugs :)

Anonymous said...

They are gorgeous. x