Followers

Wednesday 3 August 2016

It's all the rage...

...apparently.

Hobbycraft refer to it as 'Knitting for your nest' and magazines have a variety of terms for it.

I just think of it as adding a "Homely" touch.

This is a set of bedding that I have had for some time...
 ...it is brushed cotton/flannelette and is a set that I use during the Winter months as it is warm and snuggly. However, when it is on the bed it looks a bit boring so I decided to make a throw.

Sorry about the creases but I just laid it over the bed to get the photo.

Going with the 'Granny blanket' style, I found the perfect colours in Linens Direct...
...and made a start on the blanket. I think I will add in a lot more of the paler blue as it gets bigger otherwise it could look rather dark but I'm pleased with the way the colours are coming together so far..............................................................

5 comments:

Stef H said...

first... kudos to you on it being flannel. i would be way too hot. my bedroom fan goes 24/7 - 365 days a year. sure i sleep under a comforter AND in pj's, but somehow i can't do flannel! i love red, white and blue too and NONE of it is in my home decor - go figure!!!

absolutely LOVE the throw. i made a throw for the kids (15 yrs ago) when they got married and now I have it as they're divorced and keith was living with me for awhile - again - go figure!

life is good and hope you get to enjoy august!

hugs :)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh, that throw is going to be fantastic! It's just as well you're starting it now as once it grows bigger, you're going to be very warm and snug as the rounds grow! Or are you doing smaller squares to join? I love crochet, even though I'm a life long knitter - it just grows so quickly which I find very satisfying :-D
Hugs, LLJ xxxx

Redanne said...

The colours of the throw are beautiful and really will match your bedding perfectly! Anne xx

Sandra said...

It's going to look amazing. Don't you love it how magazines come up with names or new things that we've been doing all the time lol

aussie aNNie said...

It will be fabulous when completed.xx