Followers

Monday 1 August 2016

Making the most...

...out of a stamp.

I have been making lots of quick & easy Christmas cards with my Creative Expressions "Cosy Cottage" stamp by Sue Wilson. As it is a 'snow' scene it doesn't take much to colour it and with a dusting of glitter or Stickles, I have been merrily 'batch' card making.

However, a friend recently collected the keys to his new flat so I needed a New Home card.

I really couldn't think of any stamps that I had that would be suitable but there staring me in the face was my Cosy Cottage.

So I gave it a go and added some colour to the image...
 ...a wash of colour and some flicks of a variety of greens...
...and the winter scene suddenly becomes something completely different.

I admit to being a 'lazy' crafter - I don't often look beyond the obvious but I'm so glad some of Andy's (Pinnacle Crafts) advice about getting the most out of our stash has sunk in. Thank you Andy.

I can now keep a batch of these stamped ready for use...Christmas, Winter birthdays, New Home even Retirement.

Isn't it great to have stuff that can be so versatile........................................................

6 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love the way you used this. Versatlitly is great with stash I agree

Lori said...

Fabulous and oh, so smart! Perfect for a New Home card!

aussie aNNie said...


lovely creation and colours.xx{aNNie}

Virginia said...

They are lovely - what a gorgeous stamp!

Wendy said...

What a brilliant idea - it looks fab :-)

Sandra said...

Oh that's lovely. Fabulous stamp