Followers

Friday 3 March 2017

Twinkle, twinkle...

...little light.

The other week my Sister gave me this crystal candle lantern as she was worried that it wasn't very stable to have around an inquisitive cat. It has sat on my desk since as I wasn't sure where to site it. I was also reluctant to put real candles in it as I didn't want it to get waxy or sooty.

I then had a lightbulb moment (no pun intended) and pulled out a pack of battery Christmas fairy lights and this was the result...
...it looks lovely and there is no limit as to where I can stand it as there are no flames to worry about.

I love candles but am very safety aware when it comes to placing them so this was a perfect solution.

I noticed that Poundland have a good selection of battery light sets at the moment. One design is intended for clipping under a parasol in the garden but the lights are just plain white lights in a choice or 'warm' or 'cool' so I grabbed some so that I can place them around the house in some other containers and add a bit more of a twinkle to the place............................................

2 comments:

Redanne said...

That is one beautiful vase Toni and it looks so pretty with the lights on! My DH is a real light geek and we always seem to buy them when we are out and about, so much safer than candles I think! Anne xx

Sandra said...

I have a few frameless candles or battery ones too, for those moments or places I can't put a real one. This looks fabulous and I don't think you can ever have too many fairy lights x